BIA of Greater Louisville Coronavirus (COVID 19) Action Plan
With recent closures of schools and large events in the Greater Louisville region, the BIA is working through challenges as they present themselves to our operations. Below is a list of steps we are taking to keep our members, your customers, and our staff safe and address pressures beyond our control while continuing to operate during these challenging times:
1. We are monitoring the situation and will update our members about any cancellations or rescheduling regarding our upcoming events. This includes the Membership Mixer at Jeptha Creed on March 26th the BICF Day of Service event on April 15th, and the Tour of New Homes scheduled for April 25th and 26th;
2. The Board of Directors meeting schedule for March 25, 2020 is CANCELLED and will be rescheduled at a later date. The Executive Committee meeting is still scheduled at this time.
3. The CPR/First Aid/Bloodborne Pathogens Class on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 has been POSTPONED
4. All other education courses will continue as planned as long as we can accommodate attendees with appropriately placed seating. If we need to cancel or reschedule a class, we will notify the registrants and process refunds accordingly;
5. We will move forward with taking reservations for our Day at the Downs event as planned. We will continue to update our members should we receive any communication from Churchill Downs mandating we change or cancel that event;
6. Staff team members who have a compromised immune system or exhibit signs and symptoms of illness will be working from home if able to do so. If you need their cell phone numbers and do not have them please indicate you will need their cell number;
7. Committees will meet if needed. Members will be notified by staff if the meeting will take place as scheduled or will be rescheduled at a later date.
8. If meetings are held, we will implement the following procedures:
• All participants must be able to be 6’ apart—so we are moving to the basement for meetings and arranging seating accordingly;
• While at meetings, please practice social distancing and avoid handshaking and person-to-person contact;
• When available in the market (it is not now), we will provide hand sanitizer. Until the market is replenished, please bring your own;
• All participants over 60 or in a vulnerable class are discouraged from attending in person. We will make a call-in option available if we have the technology to support it in the basement;
• All participants who have traveled out of the area within the prior two weeks will be offered a call-in option if we have the technology to support it in the basement;
• We are doubling down on antiviral cleaning of all high touch surfaces at the BIA office;
• If you are uncomfortable attending these meetings, please know your absence will not be held against you.
Ongoing discussion and further adjustments by the staff team will continue so we may react to what will seem like a quickly changing, day-to-day situation.
We will do our best to keep our members updated as we work through this unexpected challenge. We strive to do our our best to minimize the impact on your association while following the recommendations of our local state and national government officials.
Thank you for your patience and continued support,
Executive Vice President
BIA of Greater Louisville