Louisville Metro Planning and Design Services
On the recommendation of the Louisville Metro Department of Public Health & Wellness regarding social distancing, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, Develop Louisville and Codes & Regulations request that you primarily interface with our offices by phone, email or fax.
This is a preventative measure to cut down on unnecessary in person interaction.
If you think you need to visit us in person, PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL FIRST, to discuss whether your particular need can be met without coming to the office. Plans and permit applications may be dropped off in the First Floor Conference Room at 444 S. 5th St. ABC permit applications can be submitted through our online permitting portal at www.aca-louisville.accela.com/ljcmg
. If you are having trouble filing online, call 574-3591.
Additionally, printed materials and general information is available in the First Floor Conference Room, and payments can still be made on the First Floor of 444 S. 5th St.
For matters pertaining to vacant and abandoned properties, call 574-4200 or Laura Grabowski at 574-7308. For online resources, go to www.louisvilleky.gov/vacant
For matters pertaining to Housing, call 574-5850.
For matters pertaining to Advanced Planning & Sustainability, call Gretchen Milliken at 574-1358.
For any other matters pertaining to Develop Louisville, call Dave Marchal at 574-3216.
For matters pertaining to Construction Review, call 574-3321.
For matters pertaining to Licenses & Permits (ABC), call 574-3591.
Public Works is still operating as normal and we should still be able to process encroachment permit applications.
For matters pertaining to the Department of Economic Development, small business and the Office of Globalization, call 574-4140.
Changes to Scheduled Meetings (from Land Development and Transportation Staff)
- All public meetings have been cancelled through Sunday, April 5, 2020.
- All cases already scheduled for a public meeting prior to April 5th will be continued to the next available docket after April 5th.
- Meeting agendas will be posted stating the continuance, and will be sent through GovDelivery.
- We are discussing if paper notices need/should be resent.
- We are discussing if new Courier-Journal ads need/should be placed.
- We are not sending notices for public meetings until further notice. There are NO EXCEPTIONS at this time.
- If any of your cases are already scheduled for a neighborhood meeting, we are strongly encouraging them to be cancelled.
- We are strongly discouraging neighborhood meetings from being during this time (now through April 5th).
- Any neighborhood meeting held during this time (now through April 5th) may be required to hold another neighborhood meeting before we accept the formal application.
- Scheduling neighborhood meetings to be held after April 5th are also strongly discouraged at this time.
MEETINGS IN OFFICE
- Staff are avoiding meetings in the office when possible during this time (now through April 5th).
- We are offering phone calls, conference calls, WebEx meetings, or other means of communication preferred by the customer.