BIA Education Department Policies and Guidelines
Rules & Regulations
- You MUST attend a class in its entirety in order to receive credit.
- NO ONE will be allowed to sign-in for a class if more than 10 minutes late. This rule will be strictly enforced!
- All classes on schedule apply to Building Industry Association of Greater Louisville (BIA) credits. Not all classes apply to the Inspections, Permits & Licensing (IPL) required credits. Associated General Contractors safety training classes (AGC).
- Please note that classes are ONLY OFFERED ONE TIME PER YEAR.
- Class dates may change due to instructor availability.
- Please note the time listed next to the class – times will vary.
- All Classes are located at the BIA Office Building at 1000 N. Hurstbourne Parkway unless otherwise noted. THE BIA LOWER LEVEL IS NOT HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE.
- Registrants will be notified if any classes warrant off-site meeting rooms and location change.
COST PER HOUR:
- BIA Members are charged $15 per hour unless otherwise noted (see class schedule).
- HBA/BIA Members outside the Louisville area are charged $20 per hour unless otherwise noted (see class schedule).
- Non-Members are charged $30 per hour unless otherwise noted (see class schedule). Non-members are ONLY allowed to attend those classes that apply to the Inspections, Permits & Licensing required hours. CLASSES MUST BE PREPAID BY NON-MEMBERS.
- Anyone registered for classes will be billed for the entire class unless cancelled at least 24 hours in advance. Cancellations should be sent to the BIA Office in writing via fax (429-6036), e-mail email@example.com or mail (1000 N. Hurstbourne Pkwy., Louisville, KY 40223).
Individuals MUST register for classes via registration form OR online at: www.bialouisville.com. The form must be faxed or mailed to the BIA Office, Attention Margie Brangers. We will accept registrations via e-mail at – firstname.lastname@example.org. No reservations will be taken by telephone. 24 hour written cancellation is required for a full refund.
There will be additional classes offered throughout the year. Please watch your mail or call the BIA Office for more information. Occasionally mini-seminars will be offered prior to BIA General Membership Meetings.
Some classes do require text books or other class materials. This is the student’s expense. Please refer to class schedule. NO PHONES OR PAGERS ALLOWED IN CLASS. Extended cell phone use out of the class could result in loss of credit.