If the below requirements are met and you would like to apply for membership, visit this page.
In order to qualify for the Registered Remodeler Program, one must be able to answer yes to ALL of the following items:
- Have acceptable credit report.
- Have operated under their business name for a minimum period of five (5) years.
- Have Certificates of Insurance for Workers’ Compensation and Liability.
- Have controlled and supervised all phases, including the financial and “on-site” responsibilities of a minimum of ten (10) residential structural remodeling projects that were permitted. The ten (10) projects for the Home Improvement Specialist do not have to be structural or permitted.
- Agree to satisfy the educational requirements- eight (8) hours yearly.
- Whose principal income is derived from the specified activity.
- Must have submitted City, County, and State Identification numbers (where applicable).
Applicants for Registered Remodeler membership must appear before the Registered Builder Committee for a personal interview. Applicants for Home Improvement Specialist membership must meet with members of the Remodeler Council Executive Committee.
Two BIA Builder/Remodeler member sponsors must sign for the applicant if applying for the Registered Remodeler membership. These two sponsors must have met with applicant and reviewed units/projects completed by the applicant. Two BIA member sponsors must sign for the applicant of the Home Improvement Specialist membership- one of which must be a Registered Remodeler who has met with the applicant and reviewed units/projects completed by the applicant.