If the below requirements are met and you would like to apply for membership,
contact Margie Brangers at Margie@bialouisville.com
In order to qualify for the Registered Remodeler Program, one must be able to answer yes to ALL of the following items:
- Have acceptable credit report.
- Have operated under their business name for a minimum period of five (5) years.
- Have Certificates of Insurance for Workers’ Compensation and Liability.
- Have controlled and supervised all phases, including the financial and “on-site” responsibilities of a minimum of ten (10) residential structural remodeling projects that were permitted. The ten (10) projects for the Home Improvement Specialist do not have to be structural or permitted.
- Agree to satisfy the educational requirements- eight (8) hours yearly.
- Whose principal income is derived from the specified activity.
- Must have submitted City, County, and State Identification numbers (where applicable).
Applicants for Registered Remodeler membership must appear before the Registered Builder Committee for a personal interview. Applicants for Home Improvement Specialist membership must meet with members of the Remodeler Council Executive Committee.
Two BIA Builder/Remodeler member sponsors must sign for the applicant if applying for the Registered Remodeler membership. These two sponsors must have met with applicant and reviewed units/projects completed by the applicant. Two BIA member sponsors must sign for the applicant of the Home Improvement Specialist membership- one of which must be a Registered Remodeler who has met with the applicant and reviewed units/projects completed by the applicant.