Welch Builders, Inc.
3,920 square feet
4 bedrooms, 3 baths
- Covered front porch with mahogany arched double front doors
- French-inspired exterior with swag roof lines, detailed brick and stone accents
- Extensive trim and arched entries
- Lower level family room with 10-foot ceilings, wet bar, entertainment center, fitness room, home office and garden storage room with overhead garage door
- Custom cabinetry and large granite countertop island in kitchen and walk-in pantry
- Great room that’s open to kitchen and dining spaces and features a coffered ceiling
- Gorgeous screened porch overlooking wooded fall-away lot
- Spacious master suite with hip vault ceiling, large walk-in closet and master bath with stand-alone tub, walk-in shower and in-wall commode
Welch Builders gives homeowners reasons to trade in their passports for a stay-cation, where they can enjoy the feeling of getting away from it all without ever having to leave home. Caroline has been designed with traditional European influences and modern technologies that combine to offer residents a home that’s both efficient and elegant. The 3,920 square feet house features four bedrooms and three baths and plenty of room to host special occasions.
Like a slow, gentle smile, swag roof lines communicate a welcoming introduction to Caroline’s French-inspired architecture, which features extensive red brick and tan stone accents and brown shutters. Intricate landscaping accompanied by an irrigation system emphasizes the level of care that went into to creating this home. Mahogany arched double doors are tucked within a quaint covered front porch, which graciously awaits flocks of curious guests who are sure to be eager to explore interior spaces.
Inside, the foyer entry invites them to admire extensive trim and an open floor plan, which ushers in natural light from many intriguing areas that showcase transom windows. A formal dining room features 11-foot ceilings and a large picture window. Positioned just to the right of the foyer, it makes an elegant introduction to the walkout ranch.
Friends and family are sure to migrate toward the great room where a coffered ceiling emphasizes the attention to detail given to Caroline and a gorgeous fireplace promotes togetherness. A large granite countertop kitchen island summons hungry family members to pull up a stool and enjoy mingling with the chef as dinner simmers on the stove. Custom cabinetry and arched entries into a walk-in pantry area continue the French-inspired influence. Just beyond the breakfast area, is a large screened porch that overlooks the wooded backyard and features a stained beadboard ceiling.
The master suite boasts a hip vaulted ceiling and a beautiful picture window that invites nature to continue to inspire Caroline’s interior rooms. A spacious master bath showcases a stand-alone tub, in-wall commode and a large, tiled walk-in shower with a seat. Two additional bedrooms (one with a vaulted ceiling) and a bath are located on the main level. A mudroom/laundry area inspires homeowners to use built-in cubbies and a bench to stay organized when coming and going.
Caroline’s lower level features a spacious family room with a 10-foot ceiling. Thirsty guests can enjoy visiting the wet bar and gathering together to cheer on their teams while watching the big game. Homeowners can live up to their promises to stay in shape by frequenting the fitness room, while a downstairs bath makes it convenient to shower after a good workout. A lower level home office lends an organized approach to paying bills or setting up shop. And, a garden storage room with an overhead garage door offers additional convenience when nurturing Caroline’s beautiful landscapes and outdoor spaces.
Scott Welch has created a home that’s designed to be as efficient as it is elegant. This Energy smart house is equipped with a high efficiency, four-zone HVAC system. It’s sealed for air intrusion and has foam insulation in attic. Energy Star-rated windows add additional energy savings to the high performing Caroline.
Interior Designer: Leslie Cotter, Leslie Cotter Interiors | 502.314.5093
• Interior Lighting: Brecher’s Lighting
• Kitchen Cabinets: Century Entertainment & Furnishings
• Appliances: Trend Companies
• Realtor: Joe Simms, ReMax Associates
• Financing: First Citizens Bank
• Closets: A.G. Glass & Mirror
• Painter: Precision Painting
• Interior Trim: Mattingly’s Trim Masters Inc.
• Concrete Craftsmanship: J.K. Meredith
• Tile: Borcherding Contracting Group