The Pottery Playhouse
Dogwood Homes/Landmark Custom Homes
4,646 square feet
5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths
- Brick and stone craftsman exterior with swag roofline, shaker siding and batten shutters
- Unique ceiling treatments throughout including the “growing ceiling” in the foyer
- Covered outdoor living area, remote-controlled Phantom screens and a TV mounted above a stone front, two-sided gas fireplace shared with the great room
- Second floor TV/gaming loft designed for kids
- Upstairs bedrooms feature Pottery Barn furnishings; each looking like a page out of the Pottery Barn catalog
- Irish pub in lower level with stained concrete floors, brick with weeping mortar, glazed cabinets and walls and a wood bar top
- Pool table area features barn doors that can slide across the windows to darken the room
- Playhouse-inspired toy room, complete with shaker siding front, a window planter and split door with furnishings and designs by Pottery Barn for Kids
There’s no doubt that it’s time to play in Richard Miles’ 4,646 square foot craftsman-style home, which screams fun inside and out, with head-catching details that can make even the most mature, well-manured homeowner jump for joy. Young and old alike will enjoy incredible spaces to relax, entertain and celebrate the thoughtfully designed floor plan. With five bedrooms and four-and-a-half baths, Pottery Playhouse offers a commanding curbside presence with a traditional craftsman-style architectural elements playing the lead role. Board and batten shutters, shaker siding, a swag roofline and brick and stone accents highlight the exterior of the one-and-a-half story.
Inside, the attention to detail and craftsman-style continues as nearly every area of the Pottery Playhouse is adorned with unique ceiling treatments, include the foyer, which boasts a growing ceiling entrance that is certain to welcome new acquaintances like old friends. An arched entry ushers curious guests to explore the elegantly-appointed home office, which features a coffered ceiling treatment, built-in bookcases and desk and a gorgeous picture window. Beautiful hardwood flooring is showcased throughout.
A two-story great room just beyond beckons family members to the heart of the home where the aromas of a home-cooked meal can be enjoyed from the nearby kitchen. The open feel of the culinary and gathering spaces create a casual entertaining atmosphere, and plenty of windows offer incredible views of the Pottery Playhouse’s exterior spaces. A gorgeous hearth serves as the focal point of the great room, where family members will certainly gather to celebrate special occasions. The spacious kitchen features state-of-the-art appliances, including a double oven and seven-foot island. A walk-in pantry and beautiful cabinetry team up to host all the right ingredients of a chef-appointed kitchen. Built-in cubbies in the rear entry and a coat closet, powder room and laundry with a folding cabinet add organization and convenience to the mix.
Just beyond the interior gather spaces is an enormous covered porch, complete with screens that can be opened and closed by remote control. A see-through fireplace is shared with the great room and features a TV mounted above it. The covered porch offers a private entrance into the sloped ceiling master bedroom that’s more formally announced by a master foyer tucked behind double doors just beyond an arched opening off of the great room and front foyer. A large walk-in closet and incredible master bath that features a corner tub and tiled walk-in shower offer homeowners privacy, organization and luxury within the master suite. A collector bay garage enhances room for storage.
An upper level loft showcases family photos in style and offers a great place to for the kiddos (or mom and dad) to improve their scores on their favorite video games. Guests might feel as if they’ve stepped into a Pottery Barn catalog within the upstairs spaces, which are each designed to look like one of the rooms designed by Pottery Barn for Kids. Three bedrooms complement the fun atmosphere initiated by the loft area and are sure to provide an ideal venue for sleepovers.
The fun continues in the lower level with a a playhouse-inspired toy room, complete with a shaker siding front, a window planter and a split door tucked under the stairs. For grownups who want to play, a billiards room will be the place to be after a more formal introduction to the Irish pub area, where beautiful stained concrete floors, brick walls, glazed cabinets and walls contribute to the Old World European atmosphere. A wooden bar encourages guests to mingle and admire the open spaces of the lower level entertaining space. A large family room with a drop tray ceiling will no doubt host party-goers transitioning to the outdoor living spaces or family members who are ready for movie night. An exercise room and a guest bedroom and bath complete the lower level.
Designed for as much function as it is fun, the Pottery Playhouse features an envelop that is completely sealed with spray foam insulation to improve energy efficiency. Dogwood Homes offers homeowners plenty of engaging spaces to rest, relax and entertain while making sure it’s designed to perform efficiently.
• Cabinets: Century Entertainment and Furnishings
• Flooring and Tile: America’s Floor Source
• Remote Screens: Phantom Screens
• Kitchen and Bath Lighting: Ferguson
• Plumbing Fixtures: Master Supply
• Shingles: Cross Country Distributors
• Windows: Alside Windows & Siding
• Spray Foam Insulation: Graber Insealators
• Master closet: Closets by Design
• Appliances: Trend Appliances