Dan Smith | 502-266-7080
- Beautiful craftsman-style exterior with black windows, black-stained cedar columns and shutters with stone accents.
- Two fireplaces with custom trim work, creating inviting seating areas in the great room and basement.
- Inviting outdoor entertaining area with a covered porch, featuring retractable screens overlooking the pool area, with a custom fire pit.
- Several unique and custom ceiling treatments that highlight the tall ceilings throughout the home.
- Incredible lower level entertainment space that features a unique bar, game room with Scrabble wall, and 5’ linear fireplace, a theater room and a guest suite.
- Gourmet kitchen with GE Monogram Appliances, custom cabinets with tons of storage and porcelain countertops.
- Spacious master suite with barrel vaulted shiplap ceiling, direct access to the covered porch and pool, large shower with rain showerhead, freestanding tub, built-ins for storage and large walk-in closet with access to the laundry.
- A flowing open floor plan, designed for entertaining yet comfortable for everyday living.
For this year’s Homearama, Dan Smith and his team from Stonelake Homes created Manderley, a beautiful three bedroom, three-and-a-half bath home built for entertaining. With help from designer Jessica King, of JN Brown’s, this beautiful craftsman-style ranch home has an open floor plan perfect for filling with friends, or for keeping things lowkey on a weeknight in with the family.
While the 3,870 square foot home encourages movement and activity, flowing from indoors to outdoors, the house is also cozy and comfortable enough for everyday life. The home is distinct from the outside, elegantly dark, with black windows, gorgeous black-stained cedar columns and shutters. It features Knightstown Antique stone accents, and Everest Gray brick from L. Thorn Company, and the shingles are a Black Sage color, from Tamko. The front of the house is adorned with lush landscaping, courtesy of David Butcher Landscaping.
After entering the large front door, guests will encounter a foyer, featuring two stained beams in an eye-catching trey ceiling. A large study with barn doors opens into the foyer. From there, guests can walk a natural path to the outdoor entertainment area, where they will find themselves on the covered porch. Retractable screens surround it, making it adaptable and perfect for any kind of weather, much more akin to a sunroom. This rear porch also overlooks the pool area, which features an in-ground pool and a custom fire pit for gathering around on chillier nights.
The large finished basement provides another option for entertainment on days when the weather perhaps doesn’t permit lying beside the inground pool. The centerpiece of this basement entertainment area is the full bar, complete with pub tables for a real “on the town” experience without leaving the house. Gaming also takes a starring role here, whether guests are watching football or playing video games on the custom home theater and entertainment center, courtesy of All-in-One Security, or going more old school in the game room, featuring a 60” by 80” magnetized Scrabble wall. The 5’ linear fireplace is perfect for lighting family game nights. And when the fun is done, guests can stay downstairs in the adjourning bedroom and full bathroom.
Upstairs, the full gourmet kitchen features dynamic, professional GE Monogram Appliances, custom cabinets, courtesy of Barber Cabinets, and spacious porcelain countertops. It’s a generously-sized kitchen that sits perfectly amidst the open floor plan, and allows lots of workspace for the home chef, from the least to the most experienced, with plenty of room left over for feeding family and guests alike.
At night, retire to the master suite, which welcomes you in with its large, barrel vaulted shiplap ceiling, giving it a cozy, sea-swept vibe. From the master suite, one can directly enter the covered porch area and look out on the pool. The in-suite bathroom features a large, state-of-the-art shower with a rain shower head, giving bathers a natural experience, and a free-standing tub perfect for luxurious soaking. As with the kitchen, storage is a must in the master suite, featuring a custom walk-in closet by Closets by Design. With direct access to the laundry room, washing linens and clothes has never been more convenient. The home also features an enormous three-car garage, with custom floor, cabinets and storage features from Garage Solutions. It’s a space perfectly designed for the gearheads in the family. The Stonelake Homes’ home partners an elegant exterior with the warm embrace of its inviting interiors, making it a perfect space to fill with friends and family for many generations to come.