Landis Homes, LLC
3,654 square feet
5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths
- European-inspired front elevation with arched eaves, board and batten shutters, stone accents, decorative vents and eight-foot double arched mahogany door
- Spacious, open kitchen with custom cabinets, walk-in pantry with barn door, stainless steel appliances and large island with microwave drawer
- Luxurious master suite with hip-vault ceiling and bath with free-standing tub, dual shower heads and custom shelving in closet
- Extensive millwork including custom wainscoting, a coffered ceiling with detailed crown and numerous built-ins
- Outstanding audio/video/security package, including distributed audio with invisible speakers, framed TV mirror in the great room, video cameras and smart phone remote controls
- Second floor play room with built-ins and a conversation-starter children’s playhouse
- Spacious mud room with cubbies, lockers and a drop zone and charging station
- Large covered lanai with skylight, stone fireplace and remote controlled Phantom retractable screens overlooking a stamped concrete patio
Passersby are sure to seize the day at Carpe Diem, which commands attention with its European-inspired architecture and inviting curbside appeal. Arched eaves, wing walls, board and batten shutters, stone and decorative vents accent the 3,654 square foot, five-bedroom, three-and-a-half bath home. Landis Homes has blended traditional elegance with modern amenities and conveniences to offer a busy family a peaceful retreat that is designed for both rest and play. Tucked within the welcoming covered front porch, an eight-foot mahogany arched top double door introduces guests to the two-story foyer within Carpe Diem. An adjacent dining room with custom wainscoting is certain to be the venue of choice for formal dinners, offering a convenient passageway to the kitchen via a butler’s pantry hall.
Just beyond the open rail staircase is a captivating great room featuring a coffered ceiling, extensive crown moulding, a gorgeous hearth flanked by built-in cabinets and a wall of windows that illuminate the beauty of the exterior spaces. The home is as smart as it is attractive, with an outstanding audio, video and security package, including distributed audio with invisible speakers, a framed TV mirror in the great room, video cameras and smart phone remote controls. The great room transitions seamlessly into the culinary spaces. A bay window nook in the breakfast room offers impressive window seating so family members can take full advantage of the outdoor views. A large island in the kitchen offers casual seating and an elegant venue to prepare meals. It also features a built-in microwave. The walk-in pantry showcases a barn door, offering a rustic complement to the modern, stainless steel appliances. Off the great room, a large covered lanai with a skylight, stone fireplace and remote controlled Phantom retractable screens invites guests outside to enjoy more relaxing spaces. Just below is a stamped concrete patio where more opportunities to enjoy Mother Nature abound.
David Landis has built a home designed as much for function as it is for style. Homeowners will appreciate a spacious laundry and mudroom with built-in cubbies, lockers, a drop zone, charging station and benches that will certainly keep family members organized on busy school mornings. Two connected garages offer more space for a third vehicle, boat or workshop. The owners’ suite is also designed for organization with a large master closet with custom shelving and a spa-like master bath with his-and-hers vanities, a free-standing tub and dual shower heads in the walk-in shower. The master slumber space is accessed off a private hallway and is announced with a hip vaulted ceiling and more beautiful windows.
The upstairs of Carpe Diem will inspire creative minds of all ages, with bedrooms outfitted with built-in study nooks and an enormous playroom designed with a playhouse that’s sure to be a popular neighborhood hangout. Plenty of storage and closet space keep kids on task when it comes to keeping rooms nice and tidy. Two additional bathrooms are featured to service the three bedrooms and playroom on the second level.
The two-story home keeps energy efficiency top-of-mind with exterior walls that are caulked and foamed to reduce air penetrations, Energy Star qualified windows, a high efficiency furnace and independent HERS inspections. Designed to offer homeowners plenty of room for entertaining and relaxing, Carpe Diem is built to last, saving homeowners money on energy costs and giving them the peace of mind that it’s secure and protected.
Interior Designer: Amy Wagner, Reflections of You, by Amy | 502.291.7058
- Appliances: Bonnycastle Appliance
- Ceramic/Tile/Marble: Louisville Tile
- Closet Design: Closets by Design
- Concrete (craftsmanship): Don Robertson Concrete
- Financing: River City Bank
- Flooring: Carpet Specialists
- Furnishings: Reflections of You
- Interior Design: Reflections of You
- Window Treatments: Draped in Style
- Kitchen Cabinetry: Barber Cabinets
- Landscaping: Bramer Brothers
- Painter: Deweese Painting
- Retractable Screens: Phantom Screens
- Roofer: New Level Construction
- Audio and Security: Hawkeye Security and Electronics
- Windows: Architectural Window and Door