no images were found
Maison de Rêve
W. Damon Garrett
Sunshine Builders LLC
5,900 square feet
5 bedrooms, 5.5 baths
- Incredible lower level with fitness room, bar, game room, guest suite and family room
- Emphasis on organization and storage with three-car garage, upper level laundry, study loft and private entry mudroom with built-ins
- Spacious, casual dining area open to great room, kitchen and back porch
- First floor office with hearth and built-in cabinets and access to master suite
- Kitchen with custom cabinetry, state-of-the-art appliances and island with prep sink
- Master suite that walks out to covered rear porch, which overlooks the courtyard and pool
- Numerous built-ins and exquisite trim throughout
- Formal dining room with butler’s pantry access to kitchen
W. Damon Garrett has created a home that leaves no space wasted. Built to be as functional as it is stylish, Maison de Rêve is certainly a dream house, creatively designed for how homeowners live their everyday lives and how they hope to celebrate the special ones. Unique touches, such as a main level office accessible from both the foyer and master suite and an upper level laundry and study loft, showcase Sunshine Builders’ attention to detail and emphasis on function throughout.
The exterior features brick and cast limestone with Old World architectural elements punctuating the 5,900 square foot home. With five bedrooms and five-and-a-half baths, Maison de Rêve offers plenty of room for homeowners to enjoy and a beautiful full light mahogany front door that welcomes friends to share its incredible spaces. Guests are treated to a formal introduction under an arched opening and groin vaulted ceiling in the foyer. Gorgeous hardwood flooring ushers them to a formal dining room, where the host can easily serve dinner via the butler pantry hallway leading to the kitchen. Nearby, an office gives homeowners a regal setting for getting work done near the hearth. It also features built-in cabinets and convenient access to the master suite.
Just past the open stairwell is a casual dining space that is open to the kitchen and spacious great room. The culinary space features custom cabinetry, state-of-the-art appliances and a large island with a prep sink. A beautiful kitchen window makes meal cleanup a breeze with views of Maison de Rêve’s exterior landscape. The great room is highlighted by two large stained trusses which accent the vaulted ceiling, offering an Old World feel to the gathering space. A beautiful hearth, flanked by built-in cabinetry, encourages family time near the fire. The nearby covered porch provides more options for socializing or simply enjoying a cup of coffee and the Sunday newspaper outside, while other family members enjoy a dip in the pool in the courtyard. A three-car garage offers plenty of room for coming and going, while a private entry mudroom keeps everyone organized with built-in cubbies and benches.
The master provides a get-away-from-it-all retreat with a hip vaulted ceiling and access to the rear covered porch. Starting each day is a little more relaxing in the spa-like master bath, which showcases a gorgeous whirlpool tub, his-and-hers vanities and a large, walk-in shower with a corner seat. The spacious master closet features a built-in dresser and access to the study. Upstairs are three additional bedrooms, each with plenty of closet space, and a large study loft with built-in cabinetry. A second floor laundry keeps kids on task for keeping up with washing and putting away clothes, while three upper level bathrooms offer privacy and convenience.
Homeowners are sure to stay in shape if they frequent the fully-outfitted fitness room in the lower level. Maison de Rêve provides family members with the ideal entertaining venue and extended stay guests with their own private retreat. The lower level is a great place to host friends after the sun goes down and the pool is closed for the night. The family bartender can serve guests at the pub-style bar, while the big game is viewed on the big screen in the family room. A large lounge/game area is sure to keep everyone occupied, and house guests can sleep over in the lower level bedroom. Exquisite trim work abounds in this two-story Georgian home created for a busy family whose lives are made easier with organized spaces and rooms built for socializing and celebrating.
Keeping energy efficiency top-of-mind, Sunshine Builders has equipped Maison de Rêve with foam insulation and a high efficiency HVAC system.
Interior Designer: Lesa Buckler, Richard Buckler, Chista Rose, Julia Lewis, Sherry Poppe, Details Furniture Gallery and Design | 502.253.0092
- Appliances: Century Entertainment (Thermador)
- Granite: Trademark
- Closet Design: Closets by Design
- Furnishings: Details Furniture Gallery and Design
- Interior Design, Finishes & Lighting: Lesa Buckler, Richard Buckler, Christa Rose, Julia Lewis, Sherry Poppe, Details Furniture Gallery and Design
- Kitchen Cabinetry: Century Entertainment
- Outdoor Living Area: Backyard Pools
- Concrete & Flat Work: Architectural Concrete
- Theater System: Century Entertainment
- Windows: Windsor
- Rugs: Oriental Rug Outlet
- Interior Door & Bath Hardware: Willis Klein
- Hardwood/Tile/Marble: Flooring Solutions
- Glass Showers, Doors & Mirrors: Louisville Glass Experts (LGE)
- Interior Trim: Wayne Underwood
- Landscaping: All Care
- Painter: IM Construction
- Realtor: Lenihan
- Roofer: New Level