Landmark Custom Homes by Dogwood
7,153 square feet
5 bedrooms, 6 baths
- Outdoor living area with stamped concrete porch with fireplace and an outdoor kitchen
- Swimming pool with a pool house that features a bathroom and a stone wood burning fireplace
- A dollhouse-themed playroom in the lower level and fairyland- and barn-themed lofts in upstairs bedrooms
- Large open kitchen area open to a morning sitting area and a hearth room
- Craftsman-style design with built-ins, plentiful windows and views of the lake
- Spacious laundry and mud room with back door and garage entrances
- Theater area, exercise room and music space and bourbon-themed bar with brick walls in the lower level
- Designed to be energy efficient with icynene spray foam insulation, exterior walls that are covered with Tyvek and joints that are sealed and caulked
Like a cool summer breeze in the shade, Southern Charm is a sit-back-and-take-it-all-in residential experience. Landmark Custom Homes by Dogwood has created a home that blends function with timeless design and impressive details that will prompt even the most northern yankees to reply, “Yes, Ma’am,” around every corner. With plenty of space for the whole family to enjoy, the 7,153 square foot craftsman-style home commands the respect of a southern estate with the familiar comfort of grandma’s home cooking. Southern Charm invites homeowners to enjoy the beauty of its natural landscape with a gorgeous, covered patio that features a gas fireplace and overlooks the pool house and pool, with the beautiful lake serving as a backdrop. The front exterior of the 1.5 story embodies a craftsman design with detailed brick and stone accents, varied roof lines and an impressive display of windows. The front entry is tucked within a gracious front porch that announces a double iron door.
Once inside the two-story foyer, guests are greeted with a gorgeous staircase, a spacious library and dining room with a tray ceiling. Beautiful hardwood ushers them to the grand hall where a wall of windows invites natural light to highlight the beauty of the space, and the warmth of the hearth contributes to the relaxing feel of the gathering area. Built-in bookcases and views of the covered stamped concrete patio offer additional interest. The kitchen offers a welcoming design with plenty of room for multiple chefs to work together on that heirloom recipe. Open to a beautiful hearth room, the culinary space also offers a morning room nook that opens to an outdoor kitchen and covered porch. The large kitchen island is strategically positioned to welcome conversation and encourage help with dinner prep. Nearby, a spacious walk-in pantry has room to store all the essential ingredients and more.
Organization is a major focus within Southern Charm, which features a large laundry with built-in cabinetry, a sink and folding table just off the mud room, where built-in corner cubbies and benches prompt family members to keep track of backpacks, shoes and sports gear. It offers access to both the three-car garage and a covered back stoop. The emphasis on staying organized continues in the master suite, which includes his-and-hers master closets. The master slumber area features a drop tray ceiling and access to the covered porch, while the elegant master bath showcases a whirlpool tub, walk-in shower with a bench, a double sink and a makeup vanity.
The second level features rooms themed with homeowners’ specific interests. “The Perfectly Pinterest” room is sure to garner many “likes,” with an entire wall of built-in extras and a creative, fun atmosphere. Morning chores will be more fun than work in “The Stables” bedroom, where a private bath is tucked beneath a “barn loft.” Dreamers of all ages will enjoy “Fairyland,” a third bedroom that brings to life a virtual tree house. It too features a private bath, while a third bath is also located on the second level. Open views of the grand hall and foyer below make the upper floor open and filled with natural light.
The lower level of Southern Charm offers homeowners an escape from the real world. A dollhouse playroom is tucked beyond the theater room, so mom and dad can enjoy a movie while the kids create their own imaginative play. A large music room is sure to strike a chord with homeowners, while the exercise room will keep them on target for maintaining their health. A fifth bedroom offers a private bath, making it an ideal venue for extended stay guests. A focal point of the lower level is the spacious family room and bourbon-inspired bar accented with brick and themed to serve Southern Comfort in style.
Richard Miles has built a five-bedroom and six-bath home designed for entertainment, relaxation and productivity that will surely host for many wonderful memories-in-the-making. Homeowners will appreciate the emphasis on energy efficiency when they see their utility bills. Southern Charm is outfitted with icynene spray foam insulation, three HVAC systems with zone controls and exterior walls covered with Tyvek, and all joints are sealed and caulked.
Interior Designer: Marsha Riggle, Kevin Coleman, Lisa Bizzell & Wendy Saladino, Tassels | 502.245.7887
- Appliances: Trend Appliances
- Ceramic/Tile/Marble: America’s Floor Source
- Closet Design: Closets by Design
- Financing: PBI Bank
- Flooring: America’s Floor Source
- Furnishings: Tassels, Inc.
- Interior Design: Tassels Louisville
- Interior Finishes: Tassels
- Interior LIghting: Tassels
- Interior Trim: Valleyhill Woodworking
- Kitchen Cabinetry: Classic Kitchens
- Masonry: Verastegui Brothers Masonry
- Outdoor Living Area: Landmark Custom Homes
- Painter: Trejos Painting
- Realtor: Gina Mangold
- Roofer: Alex Framing and Roofing
- Theater System: Vivid Sight and Sound
- Windows: Alside
- Swimming Pool: Gym & Swim
- Landscaping: M&J Landscaping
- Roofing Materials: Cross Country Dist.
- Brick / Stome material: Lee Brick and Block
- Icynene Insulation: Graeber
- Concrete Work: American Paving
- Concrete Material: Quality Stone & Ready Mix
- Electric: Payne Electric
- Plumbing:Thompson Bros
- HVAC: Futch Heating & Air