Perry Lyons, Adam Gallagher
P.L. Lyons Architectural Builders
5,150 square feet
4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths
- Open floor plan with grand entry foyer, gorgeous staircase and views of expansive living area
- Two-story great room that features a fireplace framed by two large windows and views of the expansive, eat-in kitchen
- Gourmet craftsman-style kitchen with white custom cabinets with stainless steel cooktop, double ovens, a large island and a Hoosier cabinet
- Master retreat with tray ceiling and customized crown moulding and master bath with claw foot soaker tub and large shower with multiple heads
- Creatively designed second floor with large playroom with built-ins and a flex room at the top of the stairs
- A grand foyer, possible for a dining area or music room, with built-in craftsman style cabinetry
- Incredible lower level with pub-style bar, billiards area and huge entertaining space
- Two garages that include a dog wash and room for four cars and/or boat storage
P.L. Lyons Architectural Builders offers homeowners a unique blend of traditional architecture with modern amenities and all the right ingredients for a home built to last and share with others. A large craftsman style front porch offers a huge southern welcome. Beyond the double front door, the interior melody of My Old Kentucky Home is anticipated within the grand entry music hall. It’s a fitting introduction to The Bucksot, which sings of elegance and tradition within its 5,150 square feet. Detailed craftsmanship is emphasized throughout the four-bedroom, four-and-a-half bath structure which welcomes family members home with spaces designed to celebrate the natural countryside landscape surrounding The Bucksot. A gorgeous staircase leading to the second level prompts guests to imagine more beautiful spaces upstairs, while an expansive gathering space, accented with a beautiful hearth, ushers them to socialize within the two-story great room.
The open design of the kitchen, dining and living space promotes a casual, welcoming atmosphere where the family chef can socialize with guests and family members while perfecting that heirloom recipe. A Hoosier cabinet nestled in the corner adds style and functionality to the culinary space, highlighted by white custom cabinets, a stainless steel cooktop, double ovens and large island with an overhang. Doing dishes is more enjoyable with views of the back deck and outdoor landscape, and a large dining space makes it easy to host large family gatherings and parties. Thoughtfully designed to make use of every square inch, The Bucksot combines function with creativity. A mudroom offers built-in cubbies and a bench and convenient access to the powder room, laundry with built-in cabinetry and folding table, and both two-car garages, one that boasts a dog washing station and plenty of room to store a boat.
Just off a private hallway from the great room is the spacious master suite where French doors announce a master bath with a claw foot soaker tub and a large shower with multiple heads. A spacious his-and-hers master closet offers a refreshing way for homeowners to start and end each day. Upstairs, a flex space provides the ideal location for a conversation area, while an enormous playroom features built-in cabinets, storage and an abundance of inspiration to spark imaginative play. Three additional bedrooms offer plenty of closet space and room for getting homework accomplished. A Jack-and-Jill bath services two of the bedrooms, while a private bath is connected to the other bedroom.
The lower level of The Bucksot offers everything a gracious host (and guests) could want. Designed to feel more like an evening on the town than someone’s basement, the enormous entertaining space encourages friends to belly-up to the pub-style bar and visit for a while. The lower level will no doubt be where the party is at, and for good reason. It’s spacious enough to host guests in the entertainment area and billiards room, where friendly competition is fostered and togetherness is celebrated. A lower level bedroom offers plenty of storage and an office gives homeowners a private place to work and keep on task.
Designed specifically to be energy efficient, the home is outfitted with a high efficiency Trane HVAC system, a green building insulation package and LED lighting throughout. Perry Lyons, Adam Gallagher and Architect Ben Robbins offer homeowners an incredible home designed for a busy family on-the-go who appreciates being organized and brought together to enjoy time within The Bucksot’s many creative spaces.
Interior Designer: Jan Davisson, Cherry House Furniture Galleries | 502.222.0343
- Architect: Ben Robbins, AIA
- Interior Design & Furnishings: Jan Davisson, Cherry House Furniture Galleries
- Cabinetry & Appliances: Century Entertainment & Furnishings
- Granite: Trademark Universal Stone
- Lumber & Windows: Lowes/Pella Windows
- Decorative Hardware: Willis Klein
- Ceramic Tile: The Carpenter’s Son/Louisville Tile
- Window Coverings: Draped in Style
- Framing: Dream Homes Construction
- Garage Doors: Raynor Garage Doors