no images were found
Jim Ernst, David Ernst
Prestige Builders, Inc.
5,110 square feet
6 bedrooms, 5 baths
- Flexible, family-friendly floor plan with teen zone and options for a dining room or office and a bedroom or playroom in lower level
- Open-air outdoor living area with sliding wall panels
- Teen gathering area, perfect for gaming or sleepovers
- Spa-like master bathroom includes large shower with body spray and dual heads and heated spa
- Utility garage with dog wash, work bench and oversized bay with room for a boat, cycling station etc…
- Pocket office off kitchen designed for household organization or homework and crafts
- Home automation system and lower level with bourbon bar, gaming area and home theater
- Incredible lake view from front of home and view of preserve horse farm from back
Blending timeless design with modern technologies, Prestige Builders has created a home that’s inviting, functional and elegantly designed with classic architectural accents and plentiful views of The Charlotte’s beautiful natural surroundings. The 5,110 square foot residence boasts gorgeous brick and stone on the exterior, the perfect complement to the front yard lake views. The traditionally designed home features six bedrooms and five baths and an open, family-friendly floor plan that invites exploration of its many unique spaces.
A beautiful mahogany arched door tucked within the front porch welcomes guests. Once inside, beautiful hardwood ushers friends throughout the main level with a formal stop in the elegant dining room, which can also be transformed into a study as homeowners choose down the road. A wine cooler is tucked in the hallway leading to the spacious kitchen and great room. The combined spaces will no doubt serve as natural gathering area, where a large dining table connects the gourmet culinary space with the coffered ceiling great room. A wall of windows welcomes the beauty of the home’s exterior spaces. The large island invites assistant chefs to pitch in with dinner in the distinguished kitchen, where custom cabinetry and professional grade appliances offer a graceful backdrop to meal prep. Designed for entertaining groups both large and small, The Charlotte offers homeowners an escape from everyday pressures in an atmosphere that feels like an ongoing celebration.
Nearby, the great room provides a perfect recipe for elegance with a beautiful hearth flanked by built-in bookshelves serving as a focal point. An open-air outdoor living area with sliding wall panels encourages homeowners to step outside and admire views of the horse farm just beyond. The family chef will enjoy grilling and perfecting that secret sauce at the outdoor cook center, while hungry guests socialize by the outdoor fireplace. A creative art niche announces the hallway to the master suite, where a hip vaulted ceiling highlights the slumber area. His-and-hers closets offer homeowners plenty of room to stay organized. French doors announce the master bath where heated floors, a large tiled walk-in shower with dual heads and a body spray, his-and-hers vanities and a freestanding tub contribute to the spa-like atmosphere.
The Charlotte’s emphasis on organized living is subtly tucked around every corner. A pocket office off the kitchen provides the ideal homework station, craft area or main level office so family members can always find important projects and home essentials. The mud room nearby features built-in cubbies and an organized place for backpacks and boots, while a walk-in pantry is certain to keep the chef’s essential ingredients neatly stashed from view. Even man’s best friend has his own special space. A dog washing station is included in the extended bay garage, where there’s room enough for a boat and cycling station. An additional two-car garage with a workbench and organizers keeps everyone’s comings and goings stress-free.
The second level will certainly be where the kids gather. A teen zone serves as the perfect gaming room or sleepover venue. It even features a kids’ karaoke stage. An upper floor laundry is conveniently located so all family members have easy access to getting clothes clean. Two bedrooms share a Jack-and-Jill bath, while another features its own private bath and a huge walk-in closet. The lower level showcases the perfect guest retreat and an enormous recreation space with a bourbon bar and gaming area that offer additional opportunities to host the perfect movie night. A home theater and automation system designed for sound and lighting keep The Charlotte up-to-speed on technology, while the emphasis on craftsmanship throughout communicates the timeless design of its architectural heritage.
With continued emphasis on making this house function effectively, the father-son team of Jim and Dave Ernst has ensured that homeowners save on energy costs by incorporating Icynene spray foam insulation, an air infiltration package and low E-glass windows. Designed to be a solution for a busy family’s everyday routines, The Charlotte’s elegant approach to organization, relaxed living and entertaining gives homeowners a peaceful retreat they’ll want to share with others for many years to come.
- Appliances, home automation & audio/visual: Century Entertainment & Furnishings
- Ceramic/Tile/Marble & Flooring: The Flooring Gallery
- Furnishings, Cabinetry & Interior Design: Century Entertainment & Furnishings, Ann Cloyd
- Interior Trim: Jody McDaniel, M&D Trim Work
- Landscaping & Outdoor Living: DB Lawn & Landscape
- Masonry (quality & appropriate use): Juan Torres and General Shale
- Plumbing Fixtures and Hardware: Willis Klein, Connie Menard
- Realtor: Peter Searcy/Jessica O’Daniel, Home is Louisville Team
- Windows: Ply-Gem
- Building Materials: K-I Lumber
- Roofer: New Level Construction
- Interior Lighting: Brechers
- Concrete (craftsmanship): Architectural Concrete
- Financing: First Capital Bank of Kentucky