Perry Lyons, Adam Gallagher
P.L. Lyons Architectural Builders
4,787 square feet
4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths
- Dynamic floor plan with kitchen, great room and dining room in one space
- English Tudor influence with beautiful, wide-planked hardwood flooring featured throughout
- Plenty of lake views, with the entire house designed around maximizing views of the lake from living spaces and master suite
- Access to large deck from master suite and living room with state-of-the-art motorized sun screening
- Gorgeous master suite with barrel-vaulted ceiling and spa-like bath with a free-standing tub and tiled walk-in shower
- Lower level family room and entertainment space with magnificent granite freestanding bar and walkout to patio
- Spacious entertainment area with play room, wet bar in lower level and access to patio and hot tub
- Spacious and centrally located laundry with direct access to master closet and mud room
The Oxford offers a royal welcome with a front swooped portico and wrought iron decorative door that beckons curious house guests to wonder if they’ll need their passports to enter this English tudor-inspired 4,787 square foot home. Brick and stone offer texture and beauty, while board and batten shutters contribute to the European-inspired design of this 1.5-story traditional floor plan.
Once inside, the casual layout offers a relaxing escape from formalities and an inviting venue to kick off your shoes and stay for a while. Designed to maximize the surrounding lake views, The Oxford features an expansive wall of windows that illuminate the great room with natural light. P.L. Lyons Architectural Builders has included a wide archway leading to the spacious office just off the foyer and beautiful wide-planked flooring to announce the home’s attention to detail and commitment to quality craftsmanship. Two large functional closets within the office and one off the foyer reinforce the functional design that maximizes every inch and keeps homeowners organized. A hip vaulted ceiling highlights the enormous gathering space, which encompasses a living room, kitchen and dining area. Designed for seamless entertaining and socializing, the four bedroom, three-and-a-half-bath home encourages family togetherness, while offering private retreats within the thoughtfully designed floor plan.
A butcher block countertop built into the kitchen island makes it easy for assistant chefs to chop veggies and contribute to family meals, while the head chef can offer samples of the menu at the extensive 12-foot radiuses granite counter height dining bar. With plenty of space to host large gatherings, The Oxford offers access to a spacious covered deck just beyond the dining space, where views of the lake contribute to the peaceful nature of the home. A built-in butler’s pantry and a pocket office in the mudroom offer homeowners both function and style in their comings and goings. The master suite features a barrel vault ceiling and access to the spacious back deck. The master bath showcases a free-standing tub and large walk-in shower, while the enormous master closet includes customized shelving and a large island, as well as access to the laundry room, once again reinforcing the home’s commitment to functional design. A second bedroom and bath are located on the main level.
Downstairs is a theater and media room that is sure to host family movie nights and Sunday football viewing parties. A gorgeous built-in bar and second family room, complete with a fireplace and room for a billiards area welcomes guests to stay a little longer and enjoy some friendly competition around the pool table. The family room walks out to the patio and outdoor living area where a fireplace keeps everyone cozy on cool autumn nights. Two additional bedrooms and a bath are featured on the lower level, making it the perfect guest retreat. There’s also plenty of storage for off-season clothing and supplies.
Designed specifically to be energy efficient, the home is outfitted with a dual stage high efficiency HVAC system, a green building insulation package and LED lighting throughout. Perry Lyons, Adam Gallagher and Architect Ben Robbins offer homeowners a thoughtfully designed home that promotes togetherness and celebrates the important things in life.
Interior Designer: Dianne O’Connell, Cherry House Furniture Galleries | 502.222.0343
- Architect: Ben Robbins, AIA
- Interior Design & Furnishings: Dianne O’Connell, Cherry House Furniture Galleries
- Cabinetry & Appliances: Century Entertainment & Furnishings
- Masonry: Acuna Masonry
- Ceramic Tile: Jackson Tile/Louisville Tile
- Fireplaces: Fireplace Distributors
- Closet Systems: Closets by Design
- Trim: Specialty Construction/Wholesale Hardwood Interiors
- Decorative Concrete: D.W. Concrete
- Windows: Pella Windows & Doors