Daryl Hardy, Hardy Builders, LLC
3,500 square feet
4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths
• Exceptional front exterior design with stone columns
• Keeping room adjoining kitchen and breakfast room
• 3/4-inch hardwood maple flooring and custom ceilings
• Quartz counter tops in kitchen, master and upstairs bath
• Walkout lower level with den/media and bar/gaming area
• Maple kitchen cabinets accented with green glazed island
Through The Buckthorn, builder Daryl Hardy offers homeowners a residential escape from everyday pressures, a place where they will be eager to come home to and enjoy together in the 1.5-story, 4-bedroom, 4.5-bath home. Gorgeous limestone columns, brick, stone and siding in tan shades are highlighted with black accents to offer a dynamic front exterior, which can be admired while shooting hoops on the basketball court. An inviting front porch ushers friends and family through a stained wood and glass front door into The Buckthorn’s 3,500 square feet within, where 3/4-inch hardwood maple flows throughout the first floor.
Of notable architectural interest, all interior doors are painted chocolate to contrast with the trim. Lighting accents consist of an eclectic, yet timeless, mixture of fixtures, including multiple chandeliers, sconces and pendants.The formal dining room immediately greets guests with a beautiful emerald green textured wall covering, a large window and a unique burlap chandelier. Open views from the dining space and foyer area showcase the spacious great room, which features a beautiful hearth and picture window that invites natural elements from beyond to highlight the elegant design of The Buckthorn’s gathering spaces.
Hungry guests will forget their appetites and simply admire the incredible kitchen and its quartz countertops and custom maple cabinets that are accented by a green glazed island. A keeping area allows for continued distractions and opportunities to relax or socialize while the family chef puts the finishing touches on dinner. A breakfast area offers an ideal place to share morning conversations and a stack of pancakes on lazy Sunday mornings. Just beyond, an open deck invites homeowners to enjoy the beautiful surrounds outside. A mudroom features a closet and built-in cubbies and a bench, which make coming and going an easy way to start or end the day. The spacious laundry room includes a sink and tile flooring.
The master suite features a tray ceiling and a bath with custom designed porcelain and glass tile, double sinks, stained cabinets and marble tops. A large walk-in closet with window seats offers homeowners an organized way to start or end the day. Two additional bedrooms, a bath and flex room are offered on the second level. A guest room and bath are also featured on the lower level, where a spacious family room is uniquely designed to allow homeowners an ideal entertainment area, complete with shuffleboard, a bar and an inviting space to catch the big game on the flatscreen or cuddle up together enjoy a movie marathon.
Hardy Builders has ensured homeowners will save on energy costs through a variety of energy efficient building products and techniques, including caulked and foamed framing, energy rated windows and doors and a highly efficient HVAC system. It’s qualified by both Energy Star and the LG&E Energy Saving New Home Program. Thoughtfully designed for today’s busy family, The Buckhorn showcases high quality craftsman design, modern technologies and a floor plan that’s functional and highlighted with plenty of unique design qualities to make it a home like no other.
• Interior Design: Leslie Lewis & Associates – Tammy Randall, Leslie Lewis and Lauren Eberle: (812) 282-6606
• Furnishings: Schmitt Furniture
• Interior Finishes: Leslie Lewis & Associates – Tammy Randall
• Interior Lighting: Brecher’s Lighting
• Windows: Ply Gem Mira
• Kitchen Cabinets: Kitchens of Louisville
• Appliances: Bonnycastle Appliance & TV, Inc.
• Realtor: Louisville Realty Group
• Financing: First Citizens Bank
• Floor: Carpet Selections Inc.
• Roofer: Alex Gonzalez
• Closets: AG Glass & Mirror
• Painter: Luis Astorga
• Theater System: Corrigan Electric Co., Inc. & Home Systems
• Interior Trim: C.M. Payton
• Ceramic/Tile/Marble: Louisville Tile Distributors – Robin Cramer
• Masonry: Emerson’s Masonry, Inc.
• Outdoor Living Area: Summer Classics
• Concrete Craftsmanship: Superior Flatwork, LLC