Jim Ernst & David Ernst, Prestige Builders, Inc.
4,019 square feet
6 bedrooms, 5½ baths
• Perfect for large families with 6 bedrooms and 5.5 baths
• First floor flex room for mother-in-law or as a study
• Coffered ceilings in foyer and great room
• Butler’s pantry and mudroom
• Huge screened-in porch that walks down to patio
• Media room, poker room, extra bedroom in finished basement
For large families who enjoy spending time together as well as a little privacy, The Clarendon offers ideal spaces to steal away and join the crowd. Father-and-son builders Jim and David Ernst have thoughtfully planned this 4,019 square feet English revival 2-story with sensibility and style. A circular drive suggests this is a home meant to be shared with others.
Brick and Hardie board siding accented by shades of brown highlight the exterior, which features a beautiful tudor style wood front door tucked within a quaint front stoop that welcomes guest to explore the 6-bedroom, 5.5-bath home. The Clarendon’s natural surroundings are celebrated and enjoyed in many ways, including the large screened-in porch around back.
Inside, a gorgeous foyer with a coffered ceiling offers open views of a spacious dining room and butler’s pantry that makes it convenient for busy hostesses. Just beyond, the coffered ceiling treatment continues into the enormous great room which sets the stage for many family gatherings in the future. A beautiful fireplace is flanked by windows that invite Mother Nature to play her part in the design of the space.
The invitation to socialize continues into the kitchen where a large island bar makes it comfortable to enjoy spending time together planning the day’s events or finishing up that last bit of homework before the bus comes. Designed with everything a chef could want, the culinary space offers a functional and stylish area to perfect treasured family recipes and create new ones. Just off the kitchen, a mudroom with built-in cubbies makes it easy to find backpacks on busy weekday mornings. A large breakfast area leads out to the covered screened porch, which is sure to be a popular place for Mom to escape with a cup of tea and her favorite magazine, while keeping an eye on the kids playing on the patio below.
The main level features a master-sized guest bedroom and bath that could also serve as an ideal office. Upstairs, the master suite features a double tray ceiling and a truly relaxing space to unwind after a busy day. The master bath includes designated his-and-hers stations and a hip vaulted ceiling. A spacious walk-in closet makes it easy to keep homeowners’ clothing neat and organized. Three additional bedrooms, each with large walk-in closets, and two baths are located on the second level. A conveniently located laundry room offers plenty of room to sort clothes and access to a spacious storage area that’s handy to store off-season essentials.
The lower level of The Clarendon is an entertainer’s answer to a good time with a media room and designated poker room. Guests can catch the big game on the big screen or head out to the outdoor entertaining area. An extra bedroom in the lower level offers a great place for overnight guests.
Prestige Builders has incorporated energy efficient products and techniques, including Nu-Wool blown cellulose insulation, whole house wrap and a hybrid dual fuel system to conserve energy and to qualify the home as an LG&E Energy Savings New Home, which will certainly offer savings on utility bills.
A 3-car garage and a bonus room offer the homeowners plenty of room to stay organized and plan for the future. Creatively designed to meet a busy family’s needs, The Clarendon features elegant spaces to share with others and comfortable spaces where family members can enjoy simply being together.
• Interior Design: Tammy Carey, Liz Wilson, Tiffany Wilson, Liz at Home
• Furnishings: Schmitt Furniture
• Interior Finishes: Liz at Home
• Interior Lighting: Liz at Home
• Windows: Jeld-Wen
• Kitchen Cabinets: Liz at Home
• Appliances: Chenoweth Appliances
• Landscaping: Class A Lawn & Landscape
• Realtor: Carol Weber, Louisville Realty Group
• Financing: First Capital Bank of Kentucky
• Flooring & Tile: America’s Floor Source
• Interior Trim: Mark Ernst and Keith Gratzer
• Lumber: K-I Lumber & Building Materials
• Drywall: Star Drywall
• Masonry: Lee Brick & Block
• Mason: Verastegui Brothers Masonry
• Roofing: New Level Roofing
• Irrigation: Evergreen Irrigation
• HVAC: Robbins Heat & Air
• Insulation: 1st Choice Insulation
• Paint: Sean Clemons Painting
• Granite – Eleet Stone Countertops
• Garage Doors – Cunningham Overhead Door
• Fireplaces – Fireplace Distributors