no images were found
Don Karem, Karem Built Homes
2,120 square feet
3 bedrooms, 2 baths
• Extensive use of moldings and decorative wall treatments
• Pergola in back yard with stamped concrete patio
• Mahogany arched double front door and antique slate-style shingles
• “Man Cave” in third bay of garage
• Hand-painted, vintage and original furniture pieces and custom window treatments and bedding
• Unique lighting, custom cabinetry and plank hickory hardwood
Homeowners will no doubt claim they’re living “the good life” in La Belle Vie, a home built to both simplify and enhance everyday life. Don Karem’s creation borrows architectural elements from the historic French countryside to offer a vacation-like retreat designed for both function and style.
Immediately, guests are welcomed by a head-turning, eight-foot, arched mahogany front door with glass accents. Light blue shutters and curved brick accents complement the European-style painted brick and stone facade. Just beyond the front entry, La Belle Vie boasts a big welcome with a two-story foyer with plank hickory hardwood that ushers guests into a gorgeous open dining and living space. A beautiful hearth is positioned in the heart of the great room where plenty of natural light highlights the unique assortment of vintage and original furniture accents. Decorative wall treatments throughout the home add character to La Belle Vie.
True craftsmanship shines through with extensive moldings that add depth and architectural elements. Unique lighting and custom window treatments continue to add personality and style. A graceful breakfast nook offers convenient access to the back porch where, just beyond, a pergola sits atop a stamped concrete patio, imploring homeowners to slow down, relax and simply enjoy the beauty of La Belle Vie’s natural surroundings.
Family meals are sure to be celebrated and easily assembled in the beautifully appointed kitchen, which features GE Cafe appliances, custom cabinetry and unique accents, including a hand-painted copper leaf hood. Assistant chefs can keep up with their favorite TV shows from afar while pitching in on meal preparation around the kitchen island. The open floor plan lends itself to entertaining and makes the most of every space.
The master suite offers a relaxing retreat for homeowners at the beginning and end of each day. Two additional bedrooms and a bath are located on the main level. The basement includes plenty of space to expand, with a roughed-in bath and potential for more areas to enjoy. Don Karem has created a home for everyone in the family — Dad even has his own “man cave” in the third bay of the garage.
Certified by both Energy Star and the LG&E Energy-Saving New Home Program, the traditional Country French ranch is outfitted with energy-efficiency top-of-mind. Karem Built Homes has made attention to details an obvious priority with construction and design of La Belle Vie, a home that offers the best of both worlds, old and new.
• Interior Design: Linda Gale Boyles, Southern Inspirations by Linda Gale, (502) 548-9559
• Furnishings: Southern Inspirations by Linda Gale
• Interior Furnishings: Southern Inspirations by Linda Gale
• Interior Lighting: Southern Inspirations by Linda Gale
• Windows: Architectural Window-Door & Design Center, LLC
• Kitchen Cabinets: Jennifer Lee – Heritage Cabinetry& Fine Woodworking, Inc.
• Appliances: Chenoweth Appliances
• Landscaping: Wallitsch Nursery & Landscaping
• Realtor: Teri DeMunbrun, Prudential Parks & Weisberg
• Financing: Wilson-Muir
• Floor: Carpet Specialists
• Roofer: Chavez Construction, LLC
• Mirrors/Shower Doors: Welch Glass
• Painter: Precision Painting
• Theater System: N/A
• Interior Trim: Mattingly’s Trim Masters
• Ceramic/Tile/Marble: America’s Floor Source
• Masonry: Jorge Cantu
• Outdoor Living Area: Klein-Lawson Company
• Concrete Craftsmanship: Spriggler