Jim French, Jim French Builder
5,350 square feet
5 bedrooms, 5½ baths
• Functional walk-out ranch floor plan with extravagant master and four spacious bedrooms on main level
• Large covered back porch and courtyard entry
• Extensive trim package throughout home with many custom built-ins
• Gorgeous barrel ceiling in entry foyer
• Lower level recreation room with media room, wet bar, exercise room and garden garage
• Custom cabinets in kitchen with double islands and hearth room with fireplace
• Hybrid heating and cooling
Gracefully positioned to showcase its exterior examples of quality craftsmanship, The Annandale is a home created for families on the go, designed to make life’s daily routines simpler and more enjoyable. The Annandale immediately greets passersby with a unique craftsman-style front entry and rich, warm tones of brick and stone. Inside, a gorgeous barrel vaulted ceiling offers a graceful welcome to the open floor plan. Guests will certainly remember their manners in the formal dining room, and hosts will have everything they need at their fingertips with the convenient butler’s pantry located just steps away. After dinner, everyone is sure to gather beside the hearth in the incredible great room, which showcases custom built bookcases and French doors that lead to a large covered back porch, where The Annandale’s natural surroundings contribute to the peaceful atmosphere.
A spacious kitchen features plenty of custom cabinetry and serves up all the right ingredients for a truly enjoyable culinary space. Double islands make meal preparation a breeze and the open traffic flow allows for many assistant chefs. A cozy breakfast room is tucked alongside another entrance to the covered porch, and a vaulted keeping room with a beautiful fireplace provide more reasons for the family to gather. Two spacious bedrooms share a Jack-and-Jill bath on one side of the main level, while another bedroom and master suite are anchored on the other. The master features a beautiful tray ceiling and bay window reading nook. An incredible master bath offers homeowners a great venue to relax before the start and end of each day, while the enormous his-and-hers walk-in closet is sure to keep them organized.
The entertaining continues in the lower level where a spacious recreation room and wet bar welcome party-goers in style. An exercise room and garden garage combine to offer homeowners plenty of room to enjoy time together (and apart).
Qualified by both Energy Star and the LG&E Energy-Saving New Home Program, The Annandale is sure to save on energy costs. The three-car garage features extra-tall ceilings for large vehicles and a courtyard entry adds continued convenience for coming and going. Jim French has certainly built a home that offers homeowners a variety of places to enjoy. With a spacious floor plan and creative use of space, The Annandale is well positioned to allow a busy family on the go the comforts of functional living, energy efficiency and elegant design in a home that offers plenty of space to work, rest and play in style.
• Interior Design: Velma Watkins, Burdorf’s Furnishings & Flooring, (502) 931-8762
• Furnishings: Burdorf’s Furnishings & Flooring
• Interior Lighting: Brecher’s Lighting – John Rueff
• Windows: MGM Industries/PC Building Materials
• Kitchen Cabinets: M&H Cabinet Co. – Pat Ballard
• Appliances: Chenoweth Appliance
• Landscaping: Jack’s Landscaping
• Realtor: Marty Mudd – Remax Associates
• Financing: Eclipse Bank
• Floor: Hardwood, Kaiser Flooring
• Carpet: Burdorf’s
• Roofer: New Level Construction
• Painter: Jeff Norris Painting
• Theater System: Connected Solutions
• Interior Trim: Cox Interior
• Framer: J & L Construction, Inc. / Jim French
• Ceramic/Tile/Marble: Louisville Tile
• Masonry: L. Thorn Co.
• Outdoor Living Area: Burdorf’s Furnishings and Flooring
• Concrete Craftsmanship: Murriel Garrett
• Plumber: Jackson Plumbing
• Electrical: Paulin Electric
• HVAC: Lamb’s Heating and Air
• Master Closets: Closet By Design