Richard Miles, Landmark Custom Homes/Dogwood Homes
3,879 square feet
4 bedrooms, 5 baths
• Craftsman exterior with swag roof lines, staggered brick/stone corners and shake siding,
• Open lower level with large bar and great room area
• Open dining room with large barrel vault and extensive trim throughout home
• Large, open great room/kitchen area for entertaining
• Spacious outdoor living area with stone fireplace and remote screens
• Relaxing waterfall/fire pit area in backyard
The Sanctuary offers homeowners an escape that makes daily life seem like a retreat. Dogwood Homes has incorporated true craftsman style both inside and out of this 3,800 square foot home. Swag roof lines, staggered brick and stone corners and stone columns complement shake siding to create a beautiful curb appeal. A quaint front stoop ushers guests through an arched double door into the gorgeous foyer that’s adjacent to a formal dining area which boasts beautiful archways and an impressive barrel vaulted ceiling.
Just beyond is an enormous great room with a coffered ceiling and double-sided fireplace and oversized windows. The inviting gathering area is open to a spacious kitchen where a large island is certain to host many family baking sessions. Beautiful cabinetry and chef essentials contribute to the traditionally designed space. The seamless transition between the kitchen and great room makes for easy traffic flow during those special occasions when the guest list keeps growing. Just outside the breakfast nook is a spacious covered porch with retractable screens and a raised stone hearth that shares the warmth of the double-sided fireplace. The porch is an ideal place to relax and enjoy the beauty of the home’s natural surroundings. A waterfall and fire pit contribute to the peaceful atmosphere.
The Sanctuary lives up to its name with a master suite designed for relaxing in style under a casket vault ceiling. The master bath continues the retreat feel and offers access to a large walk-in his-and-hers closet. Two additional bedrooms on the main level share a Jack-and-Jill bath.
The lower level of The Sanctuary hosts a game room and a spacious family room that walks out to the large covered patio, where evenings around the fire pit are sure to be enjoyed. A designated pool table area stirs up friendly competition, while the incredible bar area features an island designed for entertaining. Double doors lead to a large exercise/office space, and an additional bedroom and two baths are also discovered in the lower level.
Energy Star qualified and LG&E Energy-Saving New Home Program rated, The Sanctuary offers the peace of mind of knowing that it’s designed with energy efficient building products and techniques, including complete house wrap and caulked and sealed extrusions. Richard Miles has presented a home full of tradition, innovative design and attention to detail. The Sanctuary gracefully delivers what it promises and more.
• Interior Design: Robin Cole, Robin’s Nest Interiors, (502) 509-4530
• Furnishings: Robin’s Nest Interiors
• Interior Furnishings: Robin’s Nest Interiors
• Interior Lighting: Ferguson Bath, Kitchen and Lighting
• Windows: Alside
• Kitchen Cabinets: Chris’ Custom Cabinets
• Appliances: Trend Appliances
• Landscaping: M&J Landscape Design Group
• Realtor: Gina Mangold
• Financing: Central Bank
• Floor: America’s Floor Source
• Roofer: Castle Construction
• Closets: Closet Factory
• Painter: Richard Cabanas Painting
• Theater System: Hawkeye Security and Electronics
• Interior Trim: Steve Aldridge
• Ceramic/Tile/Marble: America’s Floor Source
• Masonry: Verastequi Brothers Masonry
• Concrete: Stonemakers of Louisville
• Remote Screens: Phantom Screen of KY