no images were found
Richard Miles, Landmark Custom Homes/Dogwood Homes
4,829 square feet
5 bedrooms, 4½ baths
• Dynamic curb appeal with Country French brick, stone and shaker styles
• Two-level basement with unique flooring and and music/game room on second floor
• Open floor plan with angled kitchen and large barrel ceiling
• Outdoor living area with two-sided fireplace and remote screens
• Deluxe master bath with barrel ceilings and walk-in shower
• Safe room under front porch
Landmark Custom Homes has successfully blended 21st century innovative home design with timeless architecture to create a five-bedroom vacation-like escape. The owners of Maison Bienvenue will certainly feel welcomed home by the inviting, open, family-friendly floor plan of this nearly 5,000 square foot house, which is sure to turn heads with its creative use of brick and stone and a large swag roofline on the front exterior.
A beautiful iron double door front entry invites guests to explore the incredible spaces within. An elegantly designed office with built-in bookshelves offers the first impression inside, with French doors that formally announce a room surrounded by wainscotting. A double-sided hearth beckons family members to gather in the great room, where more custom built-ins and large windows anchor the space. Beautiful hardwood flooring surrounds the great room and extends into the spacious kitchen, which offers convenient access to the covered porch where retractable screens offer versatility as well as a good conversation starter. It’s easy to imagine special occasions outside by the raised stone hearth sharing the warmth of the double-sided fireplace with guests who are socializing inside. An uncovered deck offers a great place for dad to perfect his secret barbecue sauce.
Back inside, the kitchen features another hearth area and an enormous island and breakfast nook that showcases the beauty of Maison Bienvenue’s natural surroundings. An enormous barrel vaulted ceiling defines the culinary space and once again reinforces Richard Miles’ attention to architectural details. Uniquely angled to make the most of its beautiful views beyond, the kitchen makes meal preparation more of a privilege than a chore.
A large walk-in pantry is located around the corner near the laundry and mudroom, which features built-in cubbies and access to the half bath and covered stoop. Privately positioned on the other side of the home is the elegant master suite, which features a casket tray ceiling and an incredible master bath in which another barrel vaulted ceiling enhances the bathing experience. A large walk-in closet will certainly help keep owners organized. Another closet ideal for off-season clothes is located above the master closet and accessed by a loft ladder.
Upstairs, two additional bedrooms, each with a private bath, offer family members plenty of space for privacy and socializing with friends. A music/game features a raised stage, where peformers-in-the-making can test out their talents on willing audience members.
The lower level of Maison Bienvenue fulfills every entertainer’s wish list, with a designated pool table area, coffered ceiling family room and incredible bar space that showcases unique flooring. An exercise room and two additional bedrooms complete the finished living space, while plenty of storage is available in unfinished areas. A safe room offers homeowners peace of mind as well.
Designed to be as efficient as it is stylish, Maison Bienvenue is Energy Star qualified and LG&E Energy-Saving New Home Program rated. All exterior walls and roof rafters are spray foamed and energy efficient insulation was used throughout. Landmark Custom Homes has created a home that could turn even the most well-traveled owners into homebodies. Maison Bienvenue offers many welcoming spaces that are certain to be enjoyed and treasured for many years to come.
• Interior Design: Marsha Riggle, Tassels, (502) 245-7887
• Furnishings: Tassels Inc.
• Interior Furnishings: Tassels Inc.
• Interior Lighting: Tassels Inc.
• Windows: Alside
• Kitchen Cabinets: Interiors by G&W
• Appliances: Trend Appliances
• Landscaping: M&J Landscape Design Group
• Realtor: Gina Mangold
• Financing: Central Bank
• Floor: America’s Floor Source
• Roofer: Castle Construction
• Closets: Closet Factory
• Painter: Amigos Painting
• Theater System: Century Entertainment
• Interior Trim: Valley Hill Woodwork
• Ceramic/Tile/Marble: America’s Floor Source
• Masonry: Verastequi Brothers Masonry
• Outdoor Living Area: Mike’s Decks and Steps
• Concrete Craftsmanship: Artisan Overlay & Design