no images were found
Leo Thieneman, Jr.& Sr., Leo Thieneman & Sons, LLC.
3,142 square feet
4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths
• Striking craftsman architectural features with mixture of stone and wood exterior
• Inviting, open floor plan with a nostalgic cottage feel
• Natural materials and textures throughout, including hickory cottage flooring, interior rustic brick and wood beams
• Transoms, beadboard accents and custom cabinetry
• Beautiful covered porch
• Large kitchen with intimate hearth area
Leo Thieneman & Sons have created a home that uniquely blends the past with the present. Designed to reflect the nostalgic cottage-like feel of generations ago, Havre de Grace offers homeowners timeless architectural treasures as well as modern 21st century updates that make today’s busy lifestyles easier and more enjoyable. With head-turning curb appeal, Havre de Grace invites Mother Nature into its design scheme, with stone and natural wood accents complementing the craftsman-style front exterior. A beautiful covered porch gives a warm welcome and encourages guests to imagine life when it was simpler. The double front door opens to a gorgeous foyer and dining space where transom windows suggest this is a home from the past.
Guests will naturally progress to the incredible great room, which features a beautiful chandelier with perched doves to emphasize the home’s appreciation for nature. Beadboard accents within custom bookshelves, natural wood beams on the ceiling, a cozy fireplace and oversized windows further contribute to the cottage-style feel. Nearby, rustic brick in the kitchen and hearth area and hickory flooring combine to create a warm atmosphere in a space where family members and guests are sure to gather. An oversized island in the kitchen offers plenty of room for kids to finish last-minute homework assignments. and the breakfast area and hearth room are the perfect places to enjoy an intimate cup of coffee shared with a good friend. Just outside is a beautiful covered porch. A laundry and mud room includes built-in cubbies to help keep the whole family organized.
A tray ceiling and beadboard accents in the master suite continue the nostalgic-based design. Beautiful colored subway tile and lantern light fixtures are found in the luxurious master bath. The second level features three additional bedrooms, one with a private bath and two that share a Jack-and-Jill bath. The lower level offers owners plenty of room to expand, with a roughed-in bath and storage space that can be finished in the future.
Leo Thieneman Sr. and Leo Thieneman Jr. have incorporated 2 x 6 exterior walls, blown-in cellulose insulation and other energy efficient products into the home, which is LG&E Energy-Saving New Home Program rated. Havre de Grace exudes a cozy, stay-at-home-all-day feeling throughout, but it has plenty of modern amenities that suggest this is a home built as much to honor the future as it the past.
• Interior Design: Lisa Lynn Knight and Branson Batliner, Lisa Lynn Design Services, LLC, (502) 384-5966
• Furnishings: Lisa Lynn Designs Home Store & Design Studio
• Windows: Anderson
• Kitchen Cabinets: Century Cabinets
• Appliances: Trend Appliances
• Lighting-Brecher Lighting
• Flooring -Carpet Specialists
• Plumbing- Dauenhauer Plumbing
• Lumber-PC Building Materials
• Countertops- Designs in Stone