Dave, Jim and Mark Ernst, Prestige Builders
4,696 square feet
5 bedrooms, 6 baths
• First floor study/flex/bedroom and barrel ceiling in master bedroom
• Two-story covered lanai with outdoor cook center & fire pit
• Coffered ceiling in great room and dining room
• Beautiful solarium breakfast area with built-in seating
• Huge finished basement with bar, home theater and poker room, office
• Second floor features Two “teen suite” bedrooms with private baths and shared loft for gaming or movie watching
The Coventry is Dave, Jim and Mark Ernst’s collaborative effort to blend traditional home design with a modern floor plan and new technologies. European architectural elements contribute to the head-turning curb appeal for this English cottage-style 1.5-story home. In fact, passersby might take a second glance at their GPS systems to make sure they haven’t been transported to the English countryside. Prestige Builders has added unique iron treatments, shutters and old world details to The Coventry, which is elegantly with brick and stone.
Designed to make every square inch functional as well as stylish, the floor plan features a first floor flex room that can serve as an ideal office or bedroom. A formal dining room features a coffered ceiling, built-in cabinet and access to the butler’s pantry through an arched entryway. A convenient mud room includes benches and cubbies to ensure everyone stays organized on busy school mornings, and a third garage bay functions as an ideal workshop or boat storage area.
Just beyond is an incredible living room that includes yet another coffered ceiling. A gorgeous double-sided fireplace is nestled between two sets of French doors that lead to a fantastic covered lanai that shares the warmth of the fireplace. Additional access to the outdoor living space is found in the solarium, which features large built-in bench seating and gorgeous views of the back yard. Everyone will make an excuse to find out what’s for dinner with frequent visits to the kitchen, where an oversized island and gorgeous cabinetry and countertops add to the professional chef experience.
The master suite features a stunning barrel vaulted ceiling and gives homeowners yet another avenue to enjoy the enormous lanai outside. The master bath features a large walk-in shower with glass transoms that allow natural light to filter through the bathing area. A large walk-in closet keeps homeowners organized. The upstairs features a two “teen suites, each with private baths. One could easily function as a second floor master suite, complete with a vaulted ceiling, exposed beams and an extra-large walk-in closet. An open loft area includes built-in bookshelves and art niches, creating a perfect place to cozy up with a good book on a Sunday afternoon. Plenty of attic storage completes the second floor.
The lower level of The Coventry is designed to be shared and enjoyed. A large bar and poker room usher friends and family members downstairs to enjoy friendly competition around the card table and sampling the family bartender’s famous drinks. The main living space offers a great place to socialize, and a dedicated “man cave” keeps dad and his buddies happy on game day. Unfinished space allows for plenty of storage for out-of-season clothing and supplies.
Prestige Builders has thoughtfully designed The Coventry to address real-life challenges of managing a large family together in one house with plenty of room to store essentials and spend time making memories together. With an emphasis on energy efficiency, the home is LG&E Energy-Saving New Home Program rated, so homeowners can look forward to reduced energy bills. With more than 4,500 square feet, there’s plenty of room to enjoy The Coventry and all the exceptional amenities it has to offer.
• Interior Design: Ann M. Cloyd, Frankie Epperson, Century Entertainment & Furnishings, (502) 376-5667
• Furnishings: Century Entertainment and Furnishings
• Interior Lighting: Dwell Nouveau
• Windows: Marvin Integrity
• Kitchen Cabinets: Century Entertainment and Furnishings
• Appliances: Century Entertainment and Furnishings
• Landscaping: Class A Lawn and Landscape
• Floor: The Flooring Gallery
• Roofer: New Level Construction
• Painter: Sean Clemmons Painting
• Theater System: Century Entertainment and Furnishings
• Interior Trim: Wood Inside
• Ceramic/Tile/Marble: The Flooring Gallery
• Masonry: Lee Brick & Block
• Outdoor Living Area: Century Entertainment and Furnishings
• Concrete Craftsmanship: Wade’s Specialty Concrete
• Granite/Marble: Trademark Universal Stone
• Window Treatments: Draped in Style