Daryl Hardy, Hardy Builders, LLC
2,988 square feet/1,050 in basement
4-5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths
• Grand room with two-story vaulted ceiling, wood beams and gorgeous two-story fireplace
• Beautiful foyer with connecting gallery accented by stone columns and arches
• His/her master bath suite with free-standing tub surrounded by marble and inlays
• Spacious kitchen with large island and adjoining hearth room
• Large study/bedroom with private bath and stone and hardwood flooring throughout first floor
• Large covered back porch with stamped concrete patio and waterfall
Passersby are sure to take notice of the old world charm and elegance of Brighton Manor. The front exterior features an oversized knotty Alder castle-style door, beautiful warm tones with brick and bronze accents, a decorative chimney pot and a balcony. Inside, guests are greeted with a spacious foyer entry that announces a gallery accented by stone columns and archways.
Just beyond, the grand room summons homeowners to gather near the fireplace within a two-story vaulted space. The room is accented with wood beams and includes a spacious dining area that makes entertaining seamless and spontaneous. A second level balcony adds a nostalgic element to the spacious entertaining area.
Brighton Manor’s family chef will enjoy socializing while preparing those passed-down family recipes in the kitchen, where custom cabinetry with glass fronts and modern appliances blend tradition with technology. A cozy breakfast bay showcases a window seat and built-in bookcase and the hearth room adds continued warmth and personality to the culinary space. A friends’ entry and a side entry to the back porch make coming and going easy.
The master suite is a true escape with decorative glass sliding doors leading to a his/her master bath that features a free-standing tub surrounded by marble and inlays. A spacious shower and a generous master wardrobe contribute to the master suite. A library/guest bedroom on the main level includes plenty of built-in bookshelves and a window seat tucked within a large picture window. Upstairs, a study loft overlooks the dining room below and offers a perfect place for the family bookworm to catch up on reading. Two additional bedrooms share a Jack-and-Jill bath and include spacious walk-in closets.
Both Energy Smart and LG&E Energy-Saving New Home Program rated, Brighton Manor is certain to save homeowners on energy costs. Daryl Hardy has built a home that’s grounded in the traditional architecture of the past, but forward-thinking in modern amenities and designed for today’s busy lifestyles.
Certainly, Brighton Manor will serve as the venue of choice for many gatherings to come as friends and family will enjoy the natural progression from the grand room to the incredible back covered porch with stamped concrete, beautiful landscaping and a waterfall. The outdoor living space reflects the homeowners’ enthusiasm for making the most of their natural surroundings, and the elegant design elements complement the traditional architectural style that make Brighton Manor a welcome place to come home to.
• Interior Design: Tammy Randall, Leslie Lewis-Sheets, Lauren Eberle, Leslie Lewis & Associates (812) 282-6606
• Architect: Chris Sides Design
• Furnishings: Schmitt Furniture
• Interior Furnishings: Leslie Lewis & Associates
• Interior Lighting: Brecher’s
• Windows: Ply-Gem Mira
• Kitchen Cabinets: Barber Cabinet Co.
• Appliances: Bonnycastle Appliance
• Landscaping Architect: Verdant Design LLC
• Realtor: Carol Weber – Louisville Realty Group
• Financing: First Citizens Bank
• Floor: Carpet Selections
• Door Hardware: Crestwood Hardware/ Schlage Locks
• Closets: AG Glass & Mirror
• Painter: Luis Astorga
• Theater System: Corrigan Home Systems
• Interior Trim: CM Payton
• Ceramic/Tile/Marble: Louisville Tile Dist.
• Masonry: Luis Astorga
• Outdoor Living Area: Stonemakers of Louisville
• Concrete Craftsmanship: Curban Legends