no images were found
4,705 square feet
5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths
- Open floor plan designed for entertaining with lower level family room with a fireplace, game area and wet bar
- Large, partially-covered back deck overlooking wooded lot
- Custom trim work and built-ins throughout, including the mudroom, great room, lower level and a window seat in second bedroom
- Arched openings and hardwood floors throughout many areas
- Spacious master bedroom with beadboard ceiling and large walk-in closet with access to laundry room
- Basement flex room with French doors and custom built-ins designed for a scrap book room
- Lower level also includes two bedrooms with a shared bath and an exercise room
- Coffered ceiling great room with open views of kitchen and dining spaces
The Wilburn is built on a solid foundation of timeless architectural elements with modern building techniques incorporated to create a home that gives a respectful nod to the past while preparing for a sustainable future. Its natural stone retaining walls were built from stone that was removed during excavation. Brick, stone and siding combine to offer a multi-surface exterior, accented with dark gray batten shutters that accentuate the traditional craftsman-style architecture. A gorgeous, 42-inch arched door with sidelites, tucked within the front porch, immediately engages passersby, who will no doubt wonder what lies beyond the front exterior of this 4,705 square foot walk-out ranch.
Provident Homes offers a five-bedroom, three-and-a-half home that celebrates craftsmanship. Extensive trim throughout The Wilburn is a noteworthy example of the level of attention each space has been given. Built-ins and ceiling treatments emphasize the traditional heritage of this home’s architectural mission, as does the expansive front porch which ushers guests into the open foyer entry. Arched openings throughout the main level embrace entries into open spaces, including a gorgeous dining room that showcases a large picture window. Dinner guests will surely linger in this gracious dining space before they head to the great room to enjoy long conversations by the stone fireplace, where a coffered ceiling and more arched openings reinforce the craftsman-style design.
Nearby, the family chef can enjoy the conversation from afar as dessert is baking in the oven and family members swarm the kitchen island in anticipation. A large breakfast area features large windows that invite natural light into the dining space. Just beyond, is a beautiful covered porch and deck with Trex flooring that overlooks the wooded lot and leads to the outdoor living area.
The master suite offers a relaxing retreat, with a hip-vaulted, beadboard ceiling and several windows. Double doors lead to the master bath, which features a beautiful tub and walk-in shower. A large walk-in closet offers access to the laundry room, making it convenient for homeowners to organize and wash clothes. Just outside the laundry is a mudroom entry with built-in cubbies. Two additional bedrooms are featured on the main level that share a Jack-and-Jill bath. One includes a window seat flanked by walk-in closets.
The entertaining spaces continue in the lower level, where a spacious game area and media center will surely be where the party is at on the weekends. A uniquely designed fireplace alcove encourages social interaction within a beautiful setting in the lower level, and a full wet bar is stocked with everything a host could want to entertain, including a raised bar to serve guests properly. Homeowners can get a good workout in the exercise room. French doors lead to a designated scrapbook room, where memories are sure to be preserved in style and crafting essentials can be organized in built-ins. New memories are certain to be made with friends and family on the walk-out patio area. Two additional bedrooms and a bath are tucked beyond a private hallway, making the lower level an ideal guest retreat or sanctuary for teenage children.
Jeremy McGraw offers homeowners a house that keeps energy savings top-of-mind. Featuring a high efficiency HVAC system separately zoned for the basement and blown-in cellulose insulation, this Energy Smart home will surely save homeowners money on energy bills, while also providing a retreat from everyday pressures and an ideal venue in which to entertain.
Interior Designer: Karrista Hannah and Mikey Edwards, Set the Stage | 502.238.8200
• Lumber and Decking: K&I Lumber
• Paint and Stain Labor: Progresso Painters
• Plumbing, Lighting and Appliances: Ferguson
• Interior Trim Labor: Steve Lafollette Custom Trim
• Cabinetry: Signet Cabinets
• Hardwood Floors and Carpet: Louisville Flooring Direct
• Low Voltage and Furniture: Century Entertainment and Furnishings
• Tile Materials: Louisville Tile
• Tile Labor: Greg Mattingly
• Brick and Pavers Supplier: Lee Brick and Block