The Kentucky Department for Public Health recommends everyone practice social distancing. Follow the read below to learn more about the steps that the Kentucky Department for Public Health has taken to practice social distancing.
Social distancing is key to keeping Kentuckians safe. It is essential that Kentuckian’s participate in the following social distancing activities:
- It is advised that all community gatherings be cancelled
- All 172 school districts, the Kentucky School for the Blind and Kentucky School for the Deaf will close
- Avoid all non-essential travel. Do not fly. Do not participate in cruise travel.
- Recommend the temporary closure of senior centers to help halt the spread of the virus for those most vulnerable
- All state prisons are closed to visitors
- Recommend businesses to utilize telecommuting and allow employees to work from home if possible
- State boards and commissions have canceled any scheduled in-person meetings and instead will use video teleconference technology
- Hospitals are asked to cease elective procedures
This guidance will continue to change as circumstances warrant.